Adam Fernandez was raised in Bradenton, FL and has practiced law in the Tampa Bay area since 2008. Mr. Fernandez graduated with honors from the University of Florida in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He received his Juris Doctorate in 2008 from Stetson University College of Law, where he was an intern for the Second District Court of Appeal, a certified legal intern prosecutor for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit (Hillsborough) and a certified legal intern public defender for the Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas). Mr. Fernandez is an avid fly-fisherman and outdoorsman. He lives in South Tampa with his wife, Meaghan, who is also an attorney.
Prior to joining Clark & Martino in 2012, Mr. Fernandez practiced primarily in commercial litigation in both state and federal court as an associate with one of the oldest and most reputable law firms in Manatee County. In 2010, Mr. Fernandez accepted an appointment as a criminal prosecutor with the State Attorney’s Office for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County. During his career as a prosecutor in Tampa, Mr. Fernandez tried numerous jury trials to verdict while successfully prosecuting well over a thousand misdemeanor and felony criminal cases.
Appointments and Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer, the highest rating given.
- Named a FLORIDA SUPER LAWYERS RISING STAR – 2015, 2016,2017 – The final published list represents no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state. Learn more about this distinction.
- Officer, Board of Directors, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Liaison to the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation (2015-16);Parliamentarian (2016-17; 2017-2018)
- Chairman, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Professionalism & Ethics Committee, State Court Trial Seminar (2015)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Leadership Institute Class of (2014-2015)
- Committee Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Professionalism & Ethics Committee, State Court Trial Seminar (2014)
- Manatee County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors (2009)
- U.S. District Courts, Middle Division
- State Courts of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division)