Anthony T. Martino is a shareholder and the President of Clark & Martino, P.A., located in midtown Tampa. Mr. Martino graduated from Jesuit High School in 1970; and from the University of Florida in 1974 with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Zoology. His Juris Doctorate degree was awarded in 1979 from South Texas College of Law in Houston.
Mr. Martino and his wife live in South Tampa and have three grown and married children. Mr. Martino enjoys golf, hunting and fishing, is a member of the Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club, the Belleair Golf and Country Club, and is a member of Christ the King Catholic Church. He has continuously practiced as a civil trial specialist for over 35 years in south Tampa and frequently lectured to lawyers and doctors about civil litigation issues.
Appointments and Distinctions
- BOARD CERTIFIED CIVIL TRIAL LAWYER by The Florida Bar, and by The National Board of Trial Advocates, since 1987.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- President, Tampa Bay Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates (2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer, the highest rating given.
- Chairman of The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 2nd District Court of Appeals (2012)
- Commissioner of The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 2nd District Court of Appeals (appointed by Governor Crist (2008-2012)
- Chairman for The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 13th Judicial Circuit (2002)
- Commissioner of The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 13th Judicial Circuit (appointed by Governor Chiles 1998–2002)
- Board of Directors, Hillsborough County Bar Association (1987 – 89)
- Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association (1995 – 2005)
- Executive Committee, Florida Justice Association (1995 – 2005)
- Named a FLORIDA SUPER LAWYER; The final published list represents no more than 5% of the lawyers in the state. Learn more about this distinction.
- Named by Florida Trend as a LEGAL ELITE; approximately 2% of the lawyers in the state are chosen. Learn more about this distinction.
- Named a LEADING FLORIDA ATTORNEY. To be selected, attorneys must receive multiple recommendations from their peers in a statewide survey conducted by American Research Corporation. Fewer than 6% of the state’s attorneys are Leading Florida Attorneys.
- Named by BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA – as BEST LAWYER Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Mr. Martino is recognized as having demonstrated exceptional skill, experience in advocacy by achieving a trial verdict or settlement of one million dollars or more.
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawywers
- Florida Justice Association EAGLE Benefactor and Recipient of the Silver Eagle in 1995 & 2002, the Golden Eagle Award in 1997, 1999 and 2001, and the prestigious Crystal Eagle in 2005.
- Florida Justice Association – Inductee into the EAGLE HALL OF FAME and a FELLOW of the FJA.
Publications and Lectures
- 9/3/14, Legal Issues for new doctors, Allegheny Medical Center, Pittsburgh
- 9/1/13, Informed Consent issues, Allegheny Medical Center, Pittsburgh
- 2/2013, Hot Topics/Recent Trends in UM Coverage, FJA Workhorse Seminar
- 6/12/13, UM case law update, FJA Annual Convention
- 5/2/13, Castellvi Spine, Castellvi Spine Conf Duck Key
- 02/12, Standard of Care that Relate to Regulatory Changes Concerning Surgical Practice, Southern Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- 6/20/11, Ethical pitfalls in Evidence, Florida Justice Association
- 03/11, The Role of the Surgeon in Litigation, Castellvi Spine Conf Duck Key
- 02/11, Standard of Care Issues That Relate To Regulatory Changes in Surgical Practice, FOI/Selby Spine Conference
- 09/10, Informed Consent Issues for Surgeons, Alleghany Spine Conference
- 04/10, Litigation issues for Surgeons, Castellvi Spine Conf Duck Key
- 02/10, How to Be A Better Expert Witness, FOI/Selby Spine Conference
- Florida Supreme Court and State Courts of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar since 1980
- American Association for Justice (sustaining member)
- Florida Justice Association- FELLOW
- Member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association (2011-Present)
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association (Founding President 1998 – 99)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Trial & Litigation Sections)
He and his firm handle only civil litigation matters, specializing in representing injured plaintiffs. Mr. Martino also speaks Spanish as do several members of his staff.