James W. Clark a Florida native born in Ocala, earned his Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida in Gainesville. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University in St. Petersburg, Florida where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi.
Mr. Clark served as a commissioned officer in the United States Army Special Forces serving during five combat campaigns in Vietnam. He was honorably discharged with rank of Captain.
Mr. Clark community activities include: Egypt Temple Shrine, Grand Lodge F.&A.M. #290, Scottish Rite of Freemasonry; Tampa Consistory; and the Disable American Veterans Association. He is a member of Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club and the Tampa Yacht and Country Club.
Appointments and Distinctions
- BOARD CERTIFIED CIVIL TRIAL LAWYER by The Florida Bar and The National Board of Trial Advocates.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated, the highest rate given.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Winner of Michael A. Fogarty Memorial in the Trenches Award 2010. HCBA’s trial lawyer of the year.
- Named a FLORIDA SUPER LAWYER since 2004; The final published list represents no more than 5% of the lawyers in the state. Learn more about this distinction.
- Named by Florida Trend as a LEGAL ELITE; approximately 2% of the lawyers in the state are chosen. Learn more about this distinction.
- Named a LEADING FLORIDA ATTORNEY. To be selected, attorneys must receive multiple recommendations from their peers in a statewide survey conducted by American Research Corporation. Fewer than 6% of the state’s attorneys are Leading Florida Attorneys.
- Named by BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA – as BEST LAWYER Medical Malpractice (2014-2016)
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Mr. Clark is recognized as having demonstrated exceptional skill, experience in advocacy by achieving a trial verdict or settlement of one million dollars or more.
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys (ABPLA)- Diplomat – Board certified medical malpractice attorneys.
- The Florida Justice Association (Eagle Benefactor)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice (President’s Club)
- Florida Justice Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (Board Member)
- National Board of Trial Advocates
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Trial and Litigation Section)