Board Certified Tampa Personal Injury Attorney
Tampa personal injury attorney
at Clark and Martino, P.A., is a member of The Florida
Bar. In addition, the partners of our firm are board
certified by The Florida Bar. While most people know
that being “board certified” is an honorable
distinction for attorneys, some consumers may wonder
exactly what being board certified means.
certified is The Florida Bar’s highest evaluation
of an attorney’s experience and competency within
a certain area of law. Furthermore, board certification
recognizes an attorney’s knowledge, skills, proficiency,
professionalism, and ethics. There are more than 20
different specializations in which an attorney may receive
board certification, from Admiralty law to Workers’
Compensation law. The board certified Tampa personal
injury attorneys at Clark and Martino, P.A., are certified
in Civil Trial law.
Board certification in Civil Trial shows the public which lawyers have achieved the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar. Established in 1982 by the Florida Supreme Court, board certification may be awarded to a lawyer who:
- Is a member in good standing with The Florida Bar
- Meets the standards prescribed by the Florida Supreme Court
- Must have handled the trials of a minimum of 15 contested civil cases, each involving substantial legal or factual issues, in courts of general jurisdiction (circuit court, federal district court, or a court of similar jurisdiction in other states)
- Has a minimum of five years in law practice
- Shows satisfactory and substantial involvement in the certified field of law
- Earns a passing grade on the examination
- Receives a satisfactory peer review assessment (by no less than 1 Judge) attesting to competence, character, ethics and reputation for professionalism
- Satisfies the certification area’s continuing legal education requirements
than 4,000 Florida attorneys are board certified, and
only board certified attorneys are allowed to advertise
themselves as “Florida Bar board certified”
or call themselves “experts” and “specialists.”
Valid for five years, board certification may be renewed
with the same requirements as the initial certification.
For more information on board certification, go to www.floridabar.org/certification.
with our many other accolades and accomplishments, the
Tampa personal injury attorneys
at Clark and Martino, P.A., are proud to hold the title
of Florida Bar board certified. To learn more about
our attorneys and learn how our firm can become your
Tampa personal injury attorney, call 1-888-868-5615.