Tampa Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Offers Tips for Driving in Unpredictable Weather
At Clark & Martino, P.A., every motor vehicle accident attorney at our firm in Tampa knows that while Florida may be known as the Sunshine State, the weather here can be wildly unpredictable. For drivers, this poses the threat of being caught off guard by a major rainstorm – one that possibly involves high winds, lightning, flash flooding, and airborne debris. The threat is especially acute for those in low-lying areas where flooding is more likely to occur. Also, during the summer months, when storms appear with greater frequency, there is a heightened probability that more drivers will face inclement and even dangerous weather.
The accident attorneys at Clark & Martino, P.A. know that with a couple of basic precautions, driving in unpredictable or quickly-changing weather conditions can be less of a threat for all. Some of the tips below may appear to be little more than common sense, but in our experience, an abundance of information is never a bad thing when it comes to staying safe and protecting lives. The next time you head out for a drive, remember to:
- Check the news for reports of any imminent changes in the weather
- Check the battery power of your cell phone, in case you need to call for help on the road
- Tell somebody where you are going and when you intend to come back
- Make sure that you aren’t too low on gas, and stop by the gas station if you need to fill up
- Have an emergency kit on hand that includes a flash light, a reflective vest, non-perishable food, and some basic first aid supplies
If you have been involved in a serious accident, contact a motor vehicle accident attorney at the law firm of Clark & Martino, P.A. in Tampa.