James W. Clark
Appointments And Distinctions
- Board Certified Trial Attorney by The Florida Bar and The National Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer, the highest rating given
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Michael A. Fogarty Memorial “In the Trenches” Award 2010. HCBA’s trial lawyer of the year
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Herbert G. Goldburg Award 2016. The highest award given by the HCBA Trial & Litigation Section to a trial lawyer
- Named a Florida Super Lawyer since 2004; The final published list represents no more than 5% of the lawyers in the state
- Named by Florida Trend as a Legal Elite; approximately 2% of the lawyers in the state are chosen
- Named a leading Florida Attorney. From receiving multiple recommendations from their peers in a statewide survey conducted by American Research Corporation. Fewer than 6% of the state’s attorneys are Leading Florida Attorneys
- Named by Best Lawyers in America – as Best LawyerMedical Malpractice (2014-2016)
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Mr. Clark is recognized as having demonstrated exceptional skill, experience in advocacy by achieving a trial verdict or settlement of one million dollars or more
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys (ABPLA)- Diplomat – Board certified medical malpractice attorneys
- The Florida Justice Association (Eagle Benefactor)
James W. Clark is a Florida native and founding partner of Clark Martino. Mr. Clark earned his Bachelor's Degree at the University of Florida and his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University and has practiced law for over 47 years. Mr. Clark retired in 2020 and continues to provide his expertise to the attorneys at Clark Martino.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Clark was a commissioned officer in the United States Army Special Forces and served during five combat missions in Vietnam.
Mr. Clark, a highly recognized and successful trial attorney in Tampa, has been named a Florida Super Lawyer since 2004, and Best Lawyer Medical Malpractice by Best Lawyers In America from 2014-2019.
Mr. Clark's many distinctions include the 2016 Herbert G. Goldburg Award - the highest award given to a trial attorney by the Hillsborough County Bar Association Trial Section - and the 2010 Michael A. Fogarty Memorial "In The Trenches Award" (HCBA's trial lawyer of the year).