A bicycle accident lawyer from the Tampa law firm of Clark & Martino, P.A. would like to provide the following information as a means of reducing your chances of being hurt in a crash while cycling. These bicycle safety tips are part of CyclingSavvy, a specially designed curriculum for bicyclists developed by the Florida Bicycle Association. Adherence to these rules will help keep you safe and, hopefully, set a positive example for other bicycle riders in our community. They will also help keep you from having to hire a bicycle attorney.
Here are 10 cycling safety tips to remember:
- Ride on the road, not the sidewalk.
- Know (and follow) the traffic laws.
- Stay in the correct lane at intersections.
- Ride big – make yourself conspicuous to passing motorists.
- Signal all turns and lane changes; be predictable.
- Always be mindful of your surroundings.
- Understand the flow of traffic and anticipate what the cars around you might do.
- Be considerate of others; it is the law to SHARE THE ROAD.
- Never escalate harassment from a motorist.
- Ride mindfully and always with a positive attitude.
Through a conscientious effort to follow these and other rules of the road, you will lower your chances of becoming seriously injured. Wearing a helmet – although not legally required for bicyclists in Florida over the age of 16 – is another important habit to get into. Doing so might one day save your life.
To learn more about this topic, contact a bicycle accident lawyer at Clark & Martino, P.A. We are a boutique personal injury law firm based in Tampa, Florida. We represent bicycle accident victims, auto accident victims, medical malpractice victims, and others.