Each Tampa personal injury attorney at Clark and Martino, P.A., is a member of The Florida Bar. In addition, the partners of our firm are board certified by The Florida Bar. While most people know that being “board certified” is an honorable distinction for attorneys, some consumers may wonder exactly what being board certified means.
Being certified is The Florida Bar’s highest evaluation of an attorney’s experience and competency within a certain area of law. Furthermore, board certification recognizes an attorney’s knowledge, skills, proficiency, professionalism, and ethics. There are more than 20 different specializations in which an attorney may receive board certification, from Admiralty law to Workers’ Compensation law. The board certified Tampa personal injury attorneys at Clark and Martino, P.A., are certified in Civil Trial law.
Board certification in Civil Trial shows the public which lawyers have achieved the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar. Established in 1982 by the Florida Supreme Court, board certification may be awarded to a lawyer who:
- Is a member in good standing with The Florida Bar
- Meets the standards prescribed by the Florida Supreme Court
- Must have handled the trials of a minimum of 15 contested civil cases, each involving substantial legal or factual issues, in courts of general jurisdiction (circuit court, federal district court, or a court of similar jurisdiction in other states)
- Has a minimum of five years in law practice
- Shows satisfactory and substantial involvement in the certified field of law
- Earns a passing grade on the examination
- Receives a satisfactory peer review assessment (by no less than 1 Judge) attesting to competence, character, ethics and reputation for professionalism
- Satisfies the certification area’s continuing legal education requirements
More than 4,000 Florida attorneys are board certified, and only board certified attorneys are allowed to advertise themselves as “Florida Bar board certified” or call themselves “experts” and “specialists.” Valid for five years, board certification may be renewed with the same requirements as the initial certification. For more information on board certification, go to www.floridabar.org/certification.
Along with our many other accolades and accomplishments, the Tampa personal injury attorneys at Clark and Martino, P.A., are proud to hold the title of Florida Bar board certified. To learn more about our attorneys and learn how our firm can become your Tampa personal injury attorney, call 1-888-868-5615.