If you have been hurt in a car accident in Florida and need and attorney, you aren’t alone. According to the most recent data released by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2011 there were a total of 227,998 traffic accidents in Florida, 80 percent of which resulted in injuries. Although hiring a car accident attorney isn’t always necessary, doing so may be the single most important step following a serious accident. An attorney can: refer you to medical specialists for treatment; hire an outside expert to estimate the effect this accident will have your personal finances; negotiate a compensation package with your insurance company; and argue your case in front of a judge or jury, if that becomes necessary.
For now, though, here are some more auto accident statistics for you to consider:
- Motor vehicle accident fatalities in Florida fell by almost two percent between 2010 and 2011.
- Motorcycle accident fatalities in Florida rose by approximately 18 percent over the same period.
- Teen driver and teen passenger fatalities increased by seven percent.
- The total number of crashes caused (or thought to be caused) by alcohol dropped by about four percent.
- The total number of deaths per 100 million miles traveled – also known as the “State Mileage Death Rate” – remained unchanged from the previous year at 1.25.
For more information on this topic, or to speak with a highly qualified car accident attorney about your case, contact Clark & Martino, P.A. We are a personal injury law firm in Tampa, Florida, that has a proud history of serving the legal needs of auto accident victims.